November 17, 2015

DETECTIVE BOOGALOO: HIP-HOP COP DAILY | BOOM BOOM BOOM LET'S BLOW UP THE ROOM



This is the first place we see a glimpse of ICE TRE's powers. E and I went back and forth over the third panel for the longest time. This was probably the most leaning I did when we got started on the project.


Color comments by color-aide, E:

From the beginning I was playing a pretty tricky balancing game between how I personally approach coloring and the vibe of the original Boogaloo strip. I wouldn’t say this one is the turning point – it’d take me a few weeks to really get the hang of what I was trying to communicate, personally – but it was, I think, a definite stepping stone. Mostly though I wanted to note that I did like almost 10 totally different variations of the BOOM sfx, which was silly but I was still a little nervous about the gig. Boom.

No comments: